Enrollment Process


Step 1: Apply through My School DC


MSDC Application
All new students must first submit a My School DC application and be offered a seat for enrollment at Statesmen. Simple go to the website and fill out the application form. Application


Step 2: Complete Online Registration


Complete Online Registration Form
All students must submit an online registration form via PowerSchool Registration.

New families will receive a welcome email with an embedded link to the new student form. Returning families will receive a SNAPCODE email with a unique link to their returning student form.

New Student Online Registration Form

Returning Student Online Registration Form:


Step 3: Proof of Residency


2023-24 School Year Residency Verification
To be enrolled at Statesmen, a parent/primary caregiver must complete the DC Residency Verification Form and submit proof of DC residency. 

DC Residency Verification Forms



Proof of DC Residency

One of the following items is accepted to establish DC residency:

  • A pay stub;
  • Supplemental Security Income annual benefits notification;
  • A copy of Form D40 certified by the DC Office of Tax and  Revenue;
  • Military Housing Order;
  • An embassy letter;
  • Proof that a child is a ward of the District of Columbia, in the form of a Court Order; and
  • Proof of financial assistance from the DC Government, in the form of either a:
    • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) verification of income notice or recertification approval letter;
    • Medicaid approval letter or recertification letter;
    • Housing assistance letter from a housing shelter, including contact name and phone number or a letter from the Housing Authority; or
    • Proof of receipt of financial assistance from another DC Government program.

If none of the above items are available to verify residency, two of the following items are required:

  • Unexpired DC motor vehicle registration;
  • Unexpired lease or rental agreement;
  • Unexpired DC motor vehicle operator's permit or other official non-driver identification; and
  • One utility bill (only gas, electric, and water bills are acceptable).

New Students Only

New students are required to submit a birth certificate. Returning students are not required to produce a birth certificate.


Step 4: Health Forms


All children should see their primary care provider at least once a year and their primary dental provider every six months to receive preventive services. DC laws and regulations require that any child attending a school or daycare in DC submit a completed Universal Health Certificate and Oral Health Assessment Form annually to demonstrate that all students are receiving the health care they need.

Select the links below to download health forms and immunization requirements.

Required Forms




Additional Forms



 Immunization Requirements